For our environment and the future
The Glärnischhof is a pioneer in the areas of sustainability and regional gastronomy and therefore the first private hotel in Zurich certified with the demanding & leading Green Globe Label.
Sustainability at Hotel Glärnischhof
The Hotel Glärnischhof has been Green Globe certified since 2016. We have always been committed to fair & sustainable treatment. Wherever possible, we are committed to a long-term and regional approach.
- Heat pump with Zurich lake water
- Strict waste separation
- Use of energy-saving LED lamps
- Use of ecological cleaning agents
- Regional & fair cuisine
- No PET bottles
- Kitchen waste goes to producers of biogas fuels
- Measures to reduce food waste
- Consideration of local producers and suppliers
- Predominantly Swiss products and animal products from certified
- Regional & sustainable materials
- Compostable coffee capsules
- Glass bottles instead of PET
- Beds with Mediair mattresses
- Guest information about Tablet
- Natural care products with composite packaging
- Towels and bath towels will only be replaced and washed when the
Guest leaves her lying on the floor
Environmental protection and resource conservation are a matter that is close to the heart of the Glärnischhof. The installation of seawater heat pumps a milestone in the implementation of our environmental objectives. Up to 90% of the Hotel Glärnischhof is now heated through a sophisticated pump system that utilises cool to cold water taken from Lake Zurich. This ecological contribution to reducing CO2 emissions has even been certified.